August 22, 2007 - Due to the recent attacks on our school's firewall system I would like to remind you of several tips you can use to stay safe while in cyberspace.
- Create strong passwords for important accounts. For Dr. Keen's tips for creating a strong password, go here.
- Have more than one password.
- Keep an eye on your network activity. If you get an explosion of activity and you aren't doing anything, it may be the sign of an attack.
- Use a firewall to protect your computer while you are online. Ask a trusted adult to help you set one up. Check the Cyberpedia to learn more about firewalls.
- If you are ever confused or scared about what is happening on the computer, tell a trusted adult.
Shadows Detected in Campus Firewall
August 20, 2007 - Officer Ward has detected a disturbance in the campus firewall while conducting a routine security sweep today. He tells me not to be alarmed and to inform you that the school grounds will be off-limits for a few days while he conducts maintenance.